weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

really nice bit of rim lighting as you say some light under the body might have been good but doesn't take anything away from the image, you have done a good job with the light painting

Hi Stan ...I'm on catch up, I've had a good look through, loving your Agriculture, and your Graceful too, you've really captured the weightless feel in those seagull shots, they're really are as light as a feather even though they're quite large.
Smashing idea for Vehicle I think you've done a great job, a real eye catching shot.
Oops forgot say Pacman is a brilliant idea :)

Last edited:
Classy shot indeed, another first rate projection of your beloved Mini. :clap:

That's a good looking photo, just enough light to see the colour of the car and a nice rim type light to separate it from the background (y)

Hi Stan ...I'm on catch up, I've had a good look through, loving your Agriculture, and your Graceful too, you've really captured the weightless feel in those seagull shots, they're really are as light as a feather even though they're quite large.
Smashing idea for Vehicle I think you've done a great job, a real eye catching shot.
Oops forgot say Pacman is a brilliant idea :)

Thanks, Susie for the catch-up comments.

Wow...that's a really classy shot Stan - superb job :clap:

Cheers, Emma.

Classy shot indeed, another first rate projection of your beloved Mini. :clap:

Thanks, David.

That's a good looking photo, just enough light to see the colour of the car and a nice rim type light to separate it from the background (y)

Thanks, Dominic.

I love a bit of OCF, and I think thats a great job well done.

Thanks, Mark. No flash was used, it was a torch I used to light the car.

Done a good job of that Stan, a nice pretty clear background and setting, and really like the halo of light around it, good job (y)

Thanks, Dean.

A bit later than my normal submission time of Sunday/Monday but still in time, just. I've done this 'Jigsaw Puzzle' technique before also here in 2013 Effect, Technique and Creative (E.T.C.) Project in 2013. The photo itself was taken last night.

Week 31 - (Last) Piece

Week 31 Piece by Stan, on Flickr

It's a lovely sunset photo and a good take on the theme but somehow the jigsaw effect looks like it is raised rather than embossed, if you see what I mean.

Great colours in the sunset but not keen on the jigsaw effect

Like it Stan, one piece to be put in, and a lovely looking jigsaw too.

Thanks, Dave.

It's a lovely sunset photo and a good take on the theme but somehow the jigsaw effect looks like it is raised rather than embossed, if you see what I mean.

Thanks, Chris. Agree with the jigsaw effect but that's a PS 'built-in' Filter.

Like most major cities in the UK new modern steel framed/glass panel buildings are going up right next to old traditional stone built houses or offices next to residential homes. This I found quite opposite and contrasting.

Week 32 - Contrast

Old New Contrast by Stan, on Flickr

Great find for the theme, love the contrast between the two buildings, even down to the moss/grass on the corner of the old building.

Hi Stan,

Fruit - Clever using the light-box as the background. Well executed, excellent details. Nice.
But Pac-Fruit... That takes it to another level. I love that one (y)
Vehicle - Cool choice going lo-key with edge highlights. Works well.
Piece - I didn't originally realise that the jig-saw was an effect, very clever. I really like the original shot, fantastic colours and a good mix of urban and open land.
Contrast - A bit of a contrast between the plastic windows in the old house and the building itself too. I like how the blue cladding could almost be seen as skyline. (I wonder how long the cladding will remain).

Hi Stan,

Fruit - Clever using the light-box as the background. Well executed, excellent details. Nice.
But Pac-Fruit... That takes it to another level. I love that one (y)
Vehicle - Cool choice going lo-key with edge highlights. Works well.
Piece - I didn't originally realise that the jig-saw was an effect, very clever. I really like the original shot, fantastic colours and a good mix of urban and open land.
Contrast - A bit of a contrast between the plastic windows in the old house and the building itself too. I like how the blue cladding could almost be seen as skyline. (I wonder how long the cladding will remain).

Thanks, Tim for the catch-up comments. (y) :clap:

Really well spotted the angle of Both buildings works in a strange way kind of emphasises the huge contrast in them :clap:

Back