The Takes On challenge 2019 Discussion

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
This is the place for chat about the "Takes On" challenge. It is a monthly challenge to shoot and post up to 6 photos on a selected theme within the month. I will add the theme threads to this first post as they are created. Please post photos in the thread for the current month.

As a warm up for 2019 there is a theme for December - https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/takes-on-the-season-december-challenge.688788/

January is here - Takes On Liquid - January Challenge
February - Takes on Idolised
March - Takes on Colour
April - Takes on Soft
May - Takes on Elements
June - Takes on Contrast
July - Takes on Handmade
August - Takes on Industry
September - Takes on Duo
October - Takes on Temperature
November - Takes on Up
December - Takes on Tomorrow

Last edited:
Ooooh I likes a good theme - so this one for Decembere is "The Season" - that right?

Ooooh I likes a good theme - so this one for Decembere is "The Season" - that right?
That's right, you can post up to 6 photos in the thread during the month, welcome aboard, should be fun (y)

I'm off work with a bad cold and tonsillitis and getting bored already so I thought I'd tag a few people in on this.

So how about a different challenge @Hertsman, @posiview, @SamuelSlade007, @Dark Knight, @Bebop @Nostromo @Carl Ayling @gremlin16 @Emja @brrnd @michael23 @Allan.H

There's no compulsion to even enter every month but the aim is up to 6 photos to a monthly theme. Watch this thread and I'll update here as the theme are picked.

We've put up a taster theme for December -> Takes on the season - December Challenge feel free to jump in (y)

@sirch, Hi Chris, Im keen to get back to using the camera more,and may even try the 52 again, this month is the hardest one of the year work wise for us, so will probably make a decision in January

I'm off work with a bad cold and tonsillitis and getting bored already so I thought I'd tag a few people in on this.

So how about a different challenge @Hertsman, @posiview, @SamuelSlade007, @Dark Knight, @Bebop @Nostromo @Carl Ayling @gremlin16 @Emja @brrnd @michael23 @Allan.H

There's no compulsion to even enter every month but the aim is up to 6 photos to a monthly theme. Watch this thread and I'll update here as the theme are picked.

We've put up a taster theme for December -> Takes on the season - December Challenge feel free to jump in (y)
Hmmmmmm time to get bored would be a dream :D

A possibility though, and though the 52 is still an aim for me if I can work it for 2019 :thinking:

I tend to post them up as I go along.
@rpn, I thought I'd better respond in this discussion thread rather than in the theme.

Obviously people can handle how they want. One thing I want to get more into is producing semi-coherent sets of photos and I was aiming to use this challenge as a way of getting into that so I'll probably wait until I've got a few more before posting anything

(BTW this is a continuation of a discussion started in Takes on the season - December Challenge)

Well done with alerting that lot Chris, let's hope a few more turn up.

Wishing you well. (y)

Happy New Year everyone.

Just a quick question. I see it says up to 6 pics per theme. Is it okay for these to be in different posts? I know ideally they’d probably be in one. Not that I’ve taken more than 1 yet :D

Hi Bebop ... I'm not sure it matters. I think Chris mentioned posting all your shots in one go, but TBH it's not the way I would choose to do it, and it's not the way it was done last month or in previous years. I'm sure we all agree the pics we post have to be taken purposely for the monthly theme, taken within the month in question.

It should be good fun without being too demanding. And personally I'm thinking hard about different interpretations of the theme. ;)

It's all just guidelines :) I had vaguely intended to try to work towards shooting a set for each theme but it's up to you what you post and when. Post more than 6 if you want but I think having some sort of suggested upper limit which we could all tut and harumph about if someone was spamming the thread is a good idea.

It's February eve, Chris @sirch What's in store for us next month?
February already and I think I only manged one Liquid photo and no liquid lunches :)

Perhaps we'll just have liquid again and give me and Susie time to shoot a few more

Idolised! o_O :thinking:

Who puts that in the bag? :confused:

@d00d I think.

I nearly picked another but thought I'd give that one a go and if it's not very popular at least we'll know the kind of things people don't like.

Statues, celebrities, big fat camera lenses, quite a lot to go at with a bit of shoe-horning

Celebrities! (n) No such word in my dictionary.

No fear, off to Cyprus in a few weeks time and I know there are plenty of churches and figurines. ;)
Christ yes, bring on the Eastern Orthodoxy. :oops: :$

Reactions: rpn
Susie, you've just given me an idea!

A possibility though, and though the 52 is still an aim for me if I can work it for 2019 :thinking:
I don't want to rush you Dean, but just in case you missed it, That was January that went ..... its now Feb :D

Only a few days left on Idolised, which hasn't been the super soar away success that Liquid was.

Next month might be a bit less random ;)

Can anyone join in at anytime or do you need to be in from the start?

Can anyone join in at anytime or do you need to be in from the start?
yep, anytime, post if & when .... but it's nice if you stick with it and hopefully it will generate a bit of community feel.

Welcome. ;)

Thanks I do have a few images from this month that will fit into the theme...

Back