Notice TP 52'ers 2018 Challenge. Discussion thread Week 52 see the spoiler #2351

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck for Mum tomorrow Cobra. Always a fright when they do something like that. Glad to hear she's in good hands.:)

My old duchess did the same thing a few months back, Chris.....she fell over the walking stick that she was using following a knee replacement.

Just got in after a 14hr shift with 2x32gb cards full of RAW files and 1 full of video.

I think there may just be a suitable shot in there too! :woot:

OUCH!
Hope she's OK Bob?
Her new hip's fine but she was rushed in a month back with respiratory problems due to a deteriorating cardiac condition......back home now though. (that's why I've fallen behind on the 52)

but she was rushed in a month back with respiratory problems due to a deteriorating cardiac condition......back home now though.
It never rains but it pours eh? :(

She is so damned independent its not true!

Best wishes to your Mum and you Cobra, mums of her generation are made of tough stuff(y)

Thanks for a nice new theme Boss. Hope your mum is on her feet again soon.

Hope she has a speedy recovery Chris.

Told my other half about the theme for this week, her response "Just take a picture of me, I'm a fat C***" needless to say I wont be following up on that.

Am I dreaming or did I read somewhere that one of the rules was that you could use any old archive image one time only, to cover the week's theme?

Ah, fair enough Tim - must have been dreaming it. I do have an older shot in mind anyway that I wanted to use for this week

Get well soon, Mrs C Sr. :hug:
Best wishes to your Mum and you Cobra, mums of her generation are made of tough stuff(y)
Indeed they are Roger (y)
Thanks for a nice new theme Boss. Hope your mum is on her feet again soon.
Hope she has a speedy recovery Chris.
Thanks for all the kind wishes guys, they are much appreciated (y)
The Op was a complete success, Mums recovering well, back on the ward, she conscious and alert but not yet causing trouble,
that'll be tomorrow when the Physio comes to get her up and walking :D

Told my other half about the theme for this week, her response "Just take a picture of me, I'm a fat C***" needless to say I wont be following up on that.
You do realise that was a "don't you f*****g dare don't you" ? :D

Am I dreaming or did I read somewhere that one of the rules was that you could use any old archive image one time only, to cover the week's theme?
As per Tims reply below and if you are really stuck, play a "Joker" ( there is no limit to those either) and shoot something totally different from the theme (y)

No Ian, there are no rules, do whatever you need to.
The aim is to get us out shooting, but if you don't have the opportunity, then anything goes.

Sorry to hear about your Mum @Cobra , they do heal surprising quickly even at that age....My mum had to have an emergency half hip operation a few weeks back, similar age to yours and she was walking with a frame about 6 days later......amazing really.

Im finally up to date on comments I think, just have to shoot Heavy and Im totally caught up. Fingers crossed the weather plays ball tomo....

Sorry to hear about your Mum @Cobra ,
Thanks Mark, and you are right of course, even at that age, they are pretty resilient :)
Hope your Mums progressing well (y)

Best wished to Cobra & Mum - especially as Mum's day is here tomorrow!

Got me a HEAVY pic - a choo-choo pic! Well, a choo-choo that doesn't actually go choo-choo. More of a "Schweeeeeeee..."

Best wished to Cobra & Mum - especially as Mum's day is here tomorrow!
Thanks Dave (y)
And of course she'll get a card, the flowers etc will have to wait until she's home ..

No I meant to give me chance to catch up have NO theme :LOL: I am going from very busy to stupidly busy :D
How about a "thread ban" for a couple of weeks for your cheek? :p

Planning to keep my X-T2 grip free. I don't need the headphone socket, don't mind swapping batteries, and it's faster than my 5D3 without the grip.
One of my main drivers behind getting it was the small size. Hence the 18-55 and 35mm lenses are all I've bothered with.

Finally came up with an original idea for Heavy, hopefully get it shot tomo evening.....

Well thats me up to date one my images which means I've made past the point where I fell by the wayside last year.

I just need to catch up on commenting on everyone else's images now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back