Sirch 52 in 2018, third time lucky, week 52, Showcase

sirch

Lu-Tze
Admin
Name
The other Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I've shot variations of this view hundreds of times but just so that I had one in the correct week for the 52 I made the special effort to climb up the hill and shoot it again, it's a hard life :D. My house is somewhere in the middle

52-2018-Area by Chris H, on Flickr

No no no blue sky again ( we have rain haha ). What a beautiful shot Chris and a good letterbox crop really sets it off. Like the shadows in the foreground with the sun shining down on to the great view in the back, plus love how the trees in the foreground just pop right out.

No no no blue sky again ( we have rain haha ). What a beautiful shot Chris and a good letterbox crop really sets it off. Like the shadows in the foreground with the sun shining down on to the great view in the back, plus love how the trees in the foreground just pop right out.
Thanks Dave, sunshine and showers today but the first time we've seen the sun in what seems like weeks.

Thats a nice area to live, we have ha similar weather here mostly dull but we had an hour of sunshine, I know you live in the lakes so which one is that

Thats a nice area to live, we have ha similar weather here mostly dull but we had an hour of sunshine, I know you live in the lakes so which one is that
Thanks Allan, we are just south of the lake district and that is the Kent estuary at Arnside, just on the edge of Morecambe bay.

A nice shot, I like the dark clouds to the right thinning to blue sky....

That's cheating Chris, getting blue sky and sunshine at this time of the year.
I like the letterbox, the contrast of the green trees with the yellow fields, the sky and the brooding clouds.
The clouds on the right almost feel as if you've done a long exposure, but not so according to the exif.

A nice shot, I like the dark clouds to the right thinning to blue sky....
Thanks Mark

Very nice image and view Chris and a fitting start to your 2018 challenge, really looking forward to seeing what you come up with this year (y)
Thanks Dean

That's cheating Chris, getting blue sky and sunshine at this time of the year.
I like the letterbox, the contrast of the green trees with the yellow fields, the sky and the brooding clouds.
The clouds on the right almost feel as if you've done a long exposure, but not so according to the exif.
Thanks Tim, the sun always shines in Cumbria o_O I was a bit surprised by the way those clouds came out but it was blowing a gale :)

Hi again Chris ...super choice for your first shot, really liking the wide landscape viewpoint, well done for climbing up to take it! I like the strip of sunlight on the water against the darker foreground.
Thanks Susie, good to see you back in the game.

Lovely landscape and well done for catching the blue sky and sunshine even if it is still cold.

What a beautiful spot.

Really suits the envelope crop and love that you've managed to get both moody skies and sunshine in one frame!

Welcome back Chris. (y)

Picturesque place/area. Liking those green trees in the mid-FG

Lovely landscape and well done for catching the blue sky and sunshine even if it is still cold.
Thanks Alison

What a great view of your area. Is that some sort barrier or causeway crossing the estuary on the right.
Thanks Stan, it's a railway viaduct

What a beautiful spot.

Really suits the envelope crop and love that you've managed to get both moody skies and sunshine in one frame!
Thanks, almost 4 seasons in one day

Lovely view and it's always good to have a bit of a climb to get a photo like this one :)
Thanks Ben

Welcome back Chris. (y)

Picturesque place/area. Liking those green trees in the mid-FG
Thanks David, I hung around for a while and got lucky with the light on those trees.

Round your area - a wonderful image to kick start your challenge off with, the colours, the sky, the way the light hits the middle of the image is beautiful. Certainly looks like a very beautiful place to live.

Round your area - a wonderful image to kick start your challenge off with, the colours, the sky, the way the light hits the middle of the image is beautiful. Certainly looks like a very beautiful place to live.
Thanks Mandy

I like the contrast in this picture, with the dark area to the right and in the foreground, and the bright sunlight in the centre. Reminds me of going on walks where you get 'on and off rain' with glorious spells of sunshine in-between.

Your area
That's some lovely light there and I'm liking the letter box crop.

I like the contrast in this picture, with the dark area to the right and in the foreground, and the bright sunlight in the centre. Reminds me of going on walks where you get 'on and off rain' with glorious spells of sunshine in-between.
Thanks Gil, it was exactly that kind of day.

Your area
That's some lovely light there and I'm liking the letter box crop.
Thanks Dominic

That's a very nice image to kick off your new 52, Chris, and it seems you're not too far away from here. We can probably see each other's 'areas' on a good day :) It's a really pretty view with interest in the foreground and background, the letterbox crop suits it well, but it's the light that makes it really stand out; the trees in the foreground are almost 3D (y)

That's a very nice image to kick off your new 52, Chris, and it seems you're not too far away from here. We can probably see each other's 'areas' on a good day :) It's a really pretty view with interest in the foreground and background, the letterbox crop suits it well, but it's the light that makes it really stand out; the trees in the foreground are almost 3D (y)
Thanks Andrea, I can see the IoM on a very clear day if I am high enough (y), I have visited a couple of times, a long time ago and my son was over there last year playing football with school.

Great Landscape Chris, the sets of trees really stand out for me! Was this shot as a panoramic or just cropped?

Hi Chris

Now that is a lovely image love the lighting condtions, thers so much to look at very nice indeed

A beautiful landscape and the way you have captured the sunshine and shadow make it stunning.

Nice shot Chris and I like how you've cropped it. I'd say it was worth the walk

Another beautiful place to live. Looks very dramatic with the clouds and the sunshine and works very well in the letterbox style :D

I've shot every aspect of gates this weekend, from a Roman one to a modern farm one, details views, wide views, anything and everything. So now I'm struggling to decide but this is my pick, although it might get reshot in the next reshoot, it seems to suit my current "style" if I have such a thing

Gate1 by Chris H, on Flickr

And here's one which I suspect is more of a crowd pleaser

Gate2 by Chris H, on Flickr

Nice shots for gate Chris. I see what u mean about the second one being more of a crowd pleaser but as a Yorkshire man I don't think you can beat a bit of dry stone walking :)

Definitely the second gate shot for me Chris. Much more dramatic, it's posing a question as to why there is a gate that can be swung across a road (presumably it's an entrance, but that question goes un-answered.

Second has the bigger impact, the road leading to the house all adds to the overall picture I do like the first one too it is as you say in a style you have done before and if that’s what you wanted then it’s your choice, maybe just post the one you want, I am not one for crowd pleasing (y)

I like both shots - the depth of field on the second is interesting, but I wonder if a radical crop on the first might strengthen it? I mean taking off some grass at the bottom and cutting just above where the wall meets the right hand side of the shot so the gate becomes the only focal point?

Back