Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

Agree it is a great photo, like it being in mono as it just looks bang on (y)

thanks

Attractive ... stretching it a bit. You know they eat them in some EU countries. They must find them attractive. Anyway, super image .. detail and DoF. (y)

Above ... top shot. Grainy all over with great bg people detail. (y)

not a fan of birds then David? I don't imagine there would be much meat on them, an acquired taste maybe
I like the grain in film, I tend to use it more than digital these days

Above, cracking shot with so much detail, really nice.

Thank you

Above - I was going to say a tad grainy, but now I see it was film it strangely seems just right, funny how our opinions change when such facts are known, nice leading line through the high street (y)

Thanks

Above - lovely perspective with the distant vanishing point and lots of interest with the different groups of people.

Thank you

Hi Allan, this is my first visit since week 0 so quite a lot to catch up with and some of my favourites so far are the classy B&W image for Order, which is so simple and effective, Hairy for the great close-up contrast between the tousled fur and the liquid, reflective eye, the clean details and clever idea of Whole, the subtlety of Routine and the simplicity, DOF and texture in Numbers #2, and the high level view of Chester for Above, which is a really effective image for the theme with some excellent details.

I've enjoyed catching up with your thread with so many different ideas and styles, and won't get so far behind again (y)

Hi Allan, this is my first visit since week 0 so quite a lot to catch up with and some of my favourites so far are the classy B&W image for Order, which is so simple and effective, Hairy for the great close-up contrast between the tousled fur and the liquid, reflective eye, the clean details and clever idea of Whole, the subtlety of Routine and the simplicity, DOF and texture in Numbers #2, and the high level view of Chester for Above, which is a really effective image for the theme with some excellent details.

I've enjoyed catching up with your thread with so many different ideas and styles, and won't get so far behind again (y)

Thanks for looking in :)

Really nice shot and totally in character with Chester. I love it.

Thank you

Three smashing photos there Allan.

Excellent choice for Power, what an amazing structure, I'd love to see that.
An enviable Chaffinch, so much detail, he's posing so beautifully for you against that plain background, and I love the way the wood just melts away out of sight :clap:
Perfect choice in the b&w for Above, shame about the cars I'd really like it just to be the people!

Three smashing photos there Allan.

Excellent choice for Power, what an amazing structure, I'd love to see that.
An enviable Chaffinch, so much detail, he's posing so beautifully for you against that plain background, and I love the way the wood just melts away out of sight :clap:
Perfect choice in the b&w for Above, shame about the cars I'd really like it just to be the people!

I know what you mean about cars they do tend to spoil the view at times, thanks for looking in Susie

Different take on Above. Nice gritty B&W and detail. Verticals work we also.

Cheers.

Thanks

Nice lighting on the eggs and a good clean white background, only niggle for me is you seem to have just caught some of the stamp on the bottom left egg.

I might be a bit slow but is the connection to the theme "which came first" question? If so, a good interpretation and wish I had thought of it!

Yes, doesn't help with the chicken/egg conundrum, but neat idea for the theme. Clean & simple.

Nice lighting on the eggs and a good clean white background, only niggle for me is you seem to have just caught some of the stamp on the bottom left egg.

I might be a bit slow but is the connection to the theme "which came first" question? If so, a good interpretation and wish I had thought of it!

Thanks I noticed the date stamp too and I thought I had placed them carefully enough :facepalm:, you are not being slow at all you have it spot on, they are also perfectly evolved to do the job they do

Yes, doesn't help with the chicken/egg conundrum, but neat idea for the theme. Clean & simple.
I am here to confuse you, not solve life's riddles for you
Thanks as always d00d

Awww and there was me thinking you had the 'what came first' answer :) Good clear image Allan, nature sure is extremely clever in its inventiveness.
I think it would look good in colour too.
Obviously God came first Susie and forgot to write down the answers for us, it does look OK in colour but the red print of the stamp is just to obvious

Ahhhh a cool idea Allan, good strong lighting, good use of the 'required' 3 eggs, super detail and just enough shadow to hold them eggs down, nice one (y)

Strong lighting courtesy of the sun with a cloud diffuser, 3 eggs what else, Thanks glad you liked it

On a side note isn't it time you lost the Christmas hat :whistle:, surely an Easter bonnet is more appropriate :thinking:

Above; a lovely black and white image. Like the composition and the grainy film effect. Love the fact that nearly every persons and cars are walking/going in the same direction.

Evolved; a simple and minimalist image. Great idea for the theme.

The grainy film effect would in fact be film, I hadn't noticed the people are nearly all coming towards the camera, thanks for looking in stan

Great idea, well lit and B&W conversion works very well (y)

Love the composition Allan, and I too spotted the date stamp :(

And a circle has no beginning (according to the Ravenclaw door guardian)

Above - Really nice, lots of detail and texture and I was wondering how you achieved the film-like grain until I realised you actually used film, which seems like cheating.

I like the simple composition against the plain background for Evolved.

Above, I like the extra effort you've go to to use film.

Evolve, when nature perfects something so simple.

(y)

Above - Really nice, lots of detail and texture and I was wondering how you achieved the film-like grain until I realised you actually used film, which seems like cheating.

I like the simple composition against the plain background for Evolved.
Above, I like the extra effort you've go to to use film.

Evolve, when nature perfects something so simple.

(y)
Thanks

Evolve(d) - I like the gentle shadows that contrast well with the surface texture of the eggs.

Back