weekly Granddad's 52's - 2017

Cracking instillation, pity about the tree :(

Cheers.

Yep two good shots John, but agree about the tree.

I agree; I tried several angles but couldn't escape it without increasing the vertical distortion. Didn't want to clone it out though as it does give some idea of the size. Thanks for looking

Decided to clone it out anyway......is that better? I think you're right.

20170511_131514_001-2
by granddad john on Talk Photography

Last edited:
Yep, I think from an angle with cloned out branches works best! Good find!

... really nice prop ... would prefer to view it in landscape orientation, viewing a bit of nothingness or whatever's available to one side.

I've seen that building in the paper a while ago in the paper as one of the most unusual holiday lets in Britain. Good angle, nicely framed! It could maybe do with a tad more oomph colour-wise...

Great if not totally original idea :) I like that!

First red admiral of the year.

URL=https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/gallery/photos/tp_52-19-reshoot-attractive.16259/]
18256-1495546227-aca56ffb735635d38f2da22ceb7c64c1.jpg
[/URL]
tp_52 19 reshoot, attractive by granddad john on Talk Photography

Hi John,

Smoke - Another good smoke image, I think your choice of image for the main thread is correct.
Large - #1. I was going to mention the possibility of cloning out the tree, but I see you already have :)
Architecture - Well, that is an odd thing! I agree with the comments about giving it a boost. Maybe the clarity slider?
Broken - It is quite funny that you and Shirley posted so close together, but I suppose also fairly natural if you were both waiting for the right weather. Works well :)
Re-shoot - Not my kind of image, but I can recognise that it's well taken and the flutterby stands out from the background because it's not on foliage. I may have given the oranges a boost perhaps.

Well Shirley may have beaten you to the upload - but that's another lovely cloud shot. As she said, great minds.. :)
Lovely shot of the red admiral too - I've had no luck with these yet - the one or two I've seen have been very skittish!

Lovely shot of the red admiral too - I've had no luck with these yet - the one or two I've seen have been very skittish

Thanks Emma, That one was as well and then it finally landed the wrong way up! I tried inverting the image but it doesn't look right somehow. Thanks for looking.

I like it the way it is I don't think it needs inverting, well captured they tend to move pretty fast

A catch-up from me as it's my first visit for a few weeks, John. That Acer bush was perfect for Vivid with the lovely fresh bright green leaves, and I am envious of your smoke images. It's something I have yet to try so I enjoyed those, especially the first one with its elegant shape and curls. The edited image for Structure works really well; you don't get the sense of scale that you do from the second image but it's a far more interesting angle. That's such an unusual and attractive house for Architecture, although it could possibly do with a contrast boost to make the reds really pop? I really like the idea of using those clouds for Broken, very pretty and well spotted (y)

Yes, it's definitely unusual and different from the norm. Like the low angle of view, nice find and well spotted.

Oh, btw the link in the main image thread doesn't work.

Lovely bike image John, your link isn't working, but I must say such a nice DoF with this shot and an unusual bike :)

Thanks guys. Yes I've tried to reset the link a couple of times but I can't get it to link directly to the picture- I don't know why:confused:

Got it!!:D

Last edited:
I'm not sure this bike is used for transporting anything anymore, and I think "upcycled" is missing, but it's a very nice photo, interesting PoV, good DoF and nice colours.

I'm not sure this bike is used for transporting anything anymore, and I think "upcycled" is missing, but it's a very nice photo, interesting PoV, good DoF and nice colours.

Thanks Bernd, Yes, "Seen better days" springs to mind

Another one from the same "recycling" (!!) yard

untitled-1010869

...and when I asked him about this he said he couldn't take less than £750. Wonder how far it would go, and how much fuel it would use in the process:D

untitled-1010867

Last edited:
Hi John,
Nice find and well taken, good range of colours and just the right amount of shallow DoF to loose things (like the car in the background).
Kind of needs a "Hoxton this way" sign on it too though ;)

£750 for a roller? Even if it only managed 100yds, it would be worth it to be able to say "I owned a roller y'know" :)

Transport
A good find with nice range of colours and you've got a good cloudy sky.

Liking your first bike shot ... lovely low pov. (y)

Back