weekly TP52 for 2015 - Post your photographs here...but no comments :)

Week 46 - Habit
Link to thread

5ocin8.jpg

WEEK 46:

I have decided that I don't want to do "Habit" - Instead I took a picture of the stained glass panel that I made at the weekend on a one day course the Kathie bought for me as a Birthday present.

I thought I had this nailed until I saw the finished image just now after resting my eyes before taking one last look prior to upload... Hmmm, somehow I think I have overdone it and lost the texture of the thing, I will try to re-shoot this another time to try and capture the look of the lead. Anyway here's the shot as I have run out of time. Like it or lump it! :D

Stained Glass-1001.jpg

and here's the pull back.

Stained Glass-1003.jpg

LINK LINK - LINK LINK

Last edited:
LINK TO RESHOOT

RESHOOT:

I got bored waiting for the new theme.

Had a read back through light science and magic. Also the Strobist 102 section and realised than Allan was right about a large light source rather then a small one. A small one gives more contrast (harder shadows) which I thought would work but a large one is better for metals and highly reflective surfaces to make the specular highlights the way I wanted them. Cheers Allan. (y) I used a second flash bounced off the white ceiling. took a while to balance the lights but I got there, I'm quite chuffed with this now.

untitled shoot-1008-Edit.jpg

here's the added flash -

untitled shoot-1010.jpg

Cheers,

B.

This fits right in, no shoe horn required :D
Don't believe me?
Read more HERE

D3.jpg

This one had me beat for awhile .....
But they are well and truly Connected.

The harsh of summer light produced some weird shadows ..
But at least not a single shoe horn in sight.
(Archive)

Boar.jpg

Oh look a LINKY to post 666 that'll be the Devil in me :D

Last edited:
Back