weekly : Dave70D 52 for 2017 Week 52 WEATHER COMPLETED

Fuji Dave

I'm in Clover
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Hi folks hope I set this right, looking forward to joining in on the themes and also having fun while I learn from you all.

Week 0 Song
Week 1 ORDER
Week 2 COMFORT
Week 3 HAIRY
Week 4 SMOOTH
Week 5 MINERAL
Week 6 WHOLE
Week 7 STRUCTURE
Week 8 ROUTINE
Week 9 NUMBERS
Week 10 ATTRACTIVE
Week 11 DARK
Week 12 POWER + RESHOOT
Week 13 ABOVE
Week 14 EVOLE (D)
Week 15 HOLD
Week 16 SMOKE
Week 17 VIVID
Week 18 LARGE
Week 19 ARCHITECTURE + RESHOOT
Week 20 BROKEN
Week 21 TRANSPORT
Week 22 MINIMALISTIC
Week 23 PROGRESS
Week 24 PLEASURE (ABLE)
Week 25 TINY
Week 26 FACE
Week 27 AGRICULTURE
Week 28 GRACEFUL
Week 29 FRUIT (S)
Week 30 VEHICLE
Week 31 PIECE
Week 32 CONTRAST
Week 33 CLEAN(ED)
Week 34 CURVES
Week 35 OCCUPATION (al)
Week 36 YOU
Week 37 ARCH (ing)
Week 38 DISPLAY
Week 39 BENT
Week 40 WOOD/WOODEN
Week 41 WALL (ed)
Week 42 SYMMETRICAL
Week 43 WORN
Week 44 COLOUR ( FUL )
Week 45 RESHOOT+HEIGHT
Week 46 REMOTE
Week 47 BUILD
Week 48 JUICY
Week 49 BROAD
Week 50 RUSTIC
Week 51 FESTIVE
Week 52 WEATHER

Last edited:
Excellent interpretation David - like the clarity of the sails against that beautiful blue sky.

Nice one (y)

Hi David, great start to your 52.

Before I start, please keep in mind I don't really know what I'm talking about :), feel free to ignore and it's all meant constructively, and everything is in the eye of the beholder yada yada.

Anyway, personally the branches to the bottom right detract for me, and as I assume cutting down the tree would probably be frowned upon, I wonder if you could get a higher vantage point where these would not be in the way.

Also there are some white elements top right on the sails, I assume reflection from the sun you can do nothing about, for me ideally they would not be there, I wonder if you could reshoot at another time of the day?

Good luck for your 52.

Al

Hi David, great start to your 52.

Before I start, please keep in mind I don't really know what I'm talking about :), feel free to ignore and it's all meant constructively, and everything is in the eye of the beholder yada yada.

Anyway, personally the branches to the bottom right detract for me, and as I assume cutting down the tree would probably be frowned upon, I wonder if you could get a higher vantage point where these would not be in the way.

Also there are some white elements top right on the sails, I assume reflection from the sun you can do nothing about, for me ideally they would not be there, I wonder if you could reshoot at another time of the day?

Good luck for your 52.

Al

Thanks for the good feedback and points AL, I took a few today front and back. Flats both sides hence the crop plus trees too. Thank you again :agree:

I've never heard of that song, but I like the photo. Well composed, and nice contrast against the deep blue sky.

We must be around the same age as I have heard the song, very popular it was and still is, Noel Harrison. Yes! onto the photo love blue sky makes a perfect background. The windmill stand very proud as you should be in taking the photo.:)

That black on blue works well, I loved the Thomas Crown Affair!

I've never heard of that song, but I like the photo. Well composed, and nice contrast against the deep blue sky.

We must be around the same age as I have heard the song, very popular it was and still is, Noel Harrison. Yes! onto the photo love blue sky makes a perfect background. The windmill stand very proud as you should be in taking the photo.:)

Thank you for the nice words, I love both the film and song.

Nice having it local, do you have any wider shots of it? I think this close a crop would suit square with the sails bang centre or much wider to show more sky. On theme and nice match to the song.

Nice having it local, do you have any wider shots of it? I think this close a crop would suit square with the sails bang centre or much wider to show more sky. On theme and nice match to the song.

Thank you, I do have a couple from yesterday, I will put one uncropped shot in a post just to show why it was cropped so tight, at the moment here we can`t see a thing because of very thick fog.

The sails do look great against the sky great choice for the theme. I like crop you left an interesting brickwork details in too

Last edited:
Nice start to your 52 project, David. The shot fits the song perfectly. Agree with what Al commented but there's not much you can do with the branches apart from spending the time to clone them out.

Thank you Stan, I am hoping I get better at using the clone tool soon.

Hi David and welcome to the Pleasuredome :runaway:

Agree that it would make a great Instagram shot. And yes, trees, lamposts, road signs etc can be a bugger and that tree would be a nightmare to clone out.

Hi David and welcome to the Pleasuredome :runaway:

Agree that it would make a great Instagram shot. And yes, trees, lamposts, road signs etc can be a bugger and that tree would be a nightmare to clone out.
Thank you, I might try and have some fun to clone out that tree :)

Hi David, not much to add but I agree with previous comments, a good start to your 52.

Thank you, I am looking forward to Day 1 too :)

fits the theme, the tree is a little distracting but i recon impossible to clone out :thinking: good start to your 52

Welcome to the 52, Dave :) You're off to a good start with this one; I like the details of the sails against the strong blue sky and the square crop is a good choice (y)

fits the theme, the tree is a little distracting but i recon impossible to clone out :thinking: good start to your 52

Thank you both :)

Back