weekly Superpippo's 52 in 2014 Week 52 - Support added and FINISHED

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
The year would not be the same without the excitement/frustration/enjoyment/camaraderie of the 52 Challenge

Week 1: Line/Linear
Week 2 : Play
Week 3 : Close
Week 4 : Bubble
Week 5 : Smoke
Week 6 : Mineral
Week 7 : Sense
Week 8 : Ending
Week 9 : Positive
Week 10 : Time
Week 11 : Swirl
Week 12 : Linked
Week 13 : Step
Week 14 : Nature/natural
Week 15 : Action
Week 16 : Mono
Week 17 : Twisted
Week 18 : Fresh
Week 19 : Shape
Week 20 : Numbers
Week 21 : Strong
Week 22 : Texture
Week 23 : Wild
Week 24 : Dreamy
Week 25 : Vertical
Week 26 : Yum
Week 27 : Loud
Week 28 : Rich
Week 29 : Skill
Week 30 : Half
Week 31 : Architecture/architectural
Week 32 : Promise
Week 33 : Sharp
Week 34 : Pure
Week 35 : Sparkle
Week 36 : Fall
Week 37 : Communicate
Week 38 : Dark
Week 39 : Big
Week 40 : Cut
Week 41 : Balance
Week 42 : Change
Week 43 : Grow
Week 44 : Live
Week 45 : First
Week 46 : Smooth
Week 47 : Attached
Week 48 : Energy
Week 49 : Round
Week 50 : Nonsense
Week 51 : Extravagant
Week 52 : Support

Last edited:
Week 1 - Line
Just a simple minimal interpretation to get up and running.

Line #1 - DSC_0344 - Copy (2)
by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

Line #2 - DSC_0346
by Superpippo0547, on Flickr

I did not really want to post 2 alternatives, particularly as it is week #1 but i decided to shoot this in colour but then I messed around with a conversion (actually on a separate shot), and I am not sure which I prefer. Sorry:(

Interesting but simple, like the texture in the paper, colour for me (y)

I like the first one best. I actually thought that it was a line in the sand - which was what I orriginally wanted to do - just couldn't be harrised to drag my lot down the beach though :D

Nice tones, use of lighting and composition.

I prefer the first one as it has more warmth. A very simple image well executed.

Hi, Line, I find that strangely hypnotic. Not much to comment on :)I do like the surface ad the shadow from the cotton thread?

Cheers.

Technically no crit at all from me. I prefer the colour version, but I don't find it that interesting a photo to look at...mind you I probably need to keep telling myself that for my own 52!

I prefer number 2, it is what was requested, a line.
I look forward to seeing more from you.

Hi Alan,
that works really well when perhaps you would think it wouldn't, very simplistic and minimal (y)
no preference for colour or B+W

A simple concept that works very well. I like both treatments and the colour one reminds me of the expression ' a line in the sand'.

I like the first one best. I actually thought that it was a line in the sand - which was what I orriginally wanted to do - just couldn't be harrised to drag my lot down the beach though :D

Nice tones, use of lighting and composition.
Hey Allan :)

Lines - Now that is very nice mate, Colour version for me, love the detail and the creamy/stone colour, DoF and light just in the right place for me too :clap:
Hi, Line, I find that strangely hypnotic. Not much to comment on :)I do like the surface ad the shadow from the cotton thread?

Cheers.
Hi Alan,
that works really well when perhaps you would think it wouldn't, very simplistic and minimal (y)
no preference for colour or B+W

Cheers folks. Some interesting perceptions of what it is, partic Andy -it looks just as you say. For clarity it is a piece of medium textured cartridge paper with 2 lines drawn with a blunt 4B pencil.

Morning Alan, that works really well, simple, but with enough detail to hold you there. Think the B&W version has more (percieved maybe) detail in the paper, but the colour has the warmth...

Maybe worth experimenting with varying degrees of desaturation, or even maybe split toning, where you add colour to the highlights and / or shadows of the image, (generally (although not necessarily always), after a mono conversion).

Hi
simple idea well executed. prefer colour one, as others have said I thought it was a line in sand

Sorry, no offence intended. :)
Didn't realise I was so repetitive ;) Struggling to know what to say tbh and the use of "meh..." bugs me!

No offence taken Chris. :) I just thought that I was boring you :D Sometimes hard to say what you want in few words cos this typing lark is hard. But, honestly, I don't mind the odd ;meh; - what we see sometimes is not to everyone's taste.

wayyyhayyy...finally got here Allan....back for another year of torture I see...:D

I'm really liking Line....color version more so , really soft tones , beautiful soft lighting....brilliant start mister :clap:

Hi Alan,
A simple yet effective take on the theme (y)
I too don't have a preference between the colour and B&W, each have their merits in terms of tones.
Not sure I would have preferred a little more symmetry to the image, by that I mean being able to see both ends of the lines as opposed to one end being off the page IYSWIM?

A good start nonetheless Alan (y)

I like the simple curve, shallow dof and warm colour tones, the texture on the paper makes it work for me!

super job - lovely composition, with the central board, with the diagonals and the spare pieces off to one side.

Whose go is it next?? White pigs or black pigs?

Back