weekly DK's 52 of 2015 - wk 52 'Christmas' added - FINISHED

Edit My Images
Yes
Well here we go again... and thanks for visiting my thread :)

Year 4 for me, and I'm sure it will be a busy year with everyday work and life commitments as usual, but again determined to keep as up to date as I can :)

Rule wise I'm keeping it simple again, same rules as the previous years

MY RULES

Not many that's for sure - but currently

• I will again allow myself No 'Jokers'
  • I will try extra hard to post my photo's in the correct week :cautious:
  • I will try and comment on as many 52 threads as possible, but as all 52'ers know, that's sometimes easier said than done
Good luck everybody - Let the Nightmare fun Continue !!!!

Week 00 - Patterns
Week 01 - Bliss
Week 02 - Fragile
Week 03 - Scenic
Week 04 - Companions
Week 05 - Elegant
Week 06 - Watery
Week 07 - BOLD
Week 08 - Relax
Week 09 - Vertical
Week 10 - Mouth
Week 11 - Crowd
Week 12 - Close Up
Week 13 - Machine
Week 13 - Re-Shoot - Close Up
Week 14 - Alphabet
Week 15 - Sound
Week 16 - Experiment
Week 17 - Heat
Week 18 - Figures
Week 19 - Household
Week 20 - Limit
Week 20 - Re-Shoot 'Alphabet'
Week 20 - Re-Shoot 'Machine'
Week 21 - Bizarre
Week 22 - Broken
Week 23 - Entertain
Week 24 - Spiral
Week 25 - Silhouette
Week 26 - Animal
Week 27 - Medical
Week 28 - Proverb
Week 29 - Pale
Week 30 - Tear
Week 31 - Words
Week 32 - Support
Week 33 - Religion
Week 34 - Geometric
Week 35 - Fashion
Week 36 - Chilled
Week 37 - Re-Shoot 'Silhouette'
Week 37 - Special
Week 38 - Despair
Week 39 - Noise
Week 40 - ENVY
Week 41 - Inverse
Week 42 - Shimmer
Week 43 - Element

Week 44 - Seasonal
Week 45 - FULL
Week 46 - Habit
Week 47 - Covered
Week 48 - Connected
Week 49 - Down
Week 50 - Organise(d)
Week 51 - Living
Week 52 - Christmas

Last edited:
:wave: Pah -you're as addicted to this as Andy is and you know it!!! :LOL:

Great to have you here again though Dean and FWIW my resolution is to comment a bit more in threads this year rather than just reading.
After 2 years of hell at work, I should be reducing my hours next year and getting a bit of a life back . . . so that I can spend it looking at Photo52 threads :wacky:

:wave: Pah -you're as addicted to this as Andy is and you know it!!! :LOL:

Great to have you here again though Dean and FWIW my resolution is to comment a bit more in threads this year rather than just reading.
After 2 years of hell at work, I should be reducing my hours next year and getting a bit of a life back . . . so that I can spend it looking at Photo52 threads :wacky:
Thanks Sarah :)

But do you HONESTLY think your workload will get less at work :D

'Ello, and good show :)
Cheers Geezer (y)

Probably not. Just the number of hours I have available to get it all done :(
(Planning on dropping down to part time hours from April.)
Ooooooo that sounds a dream, good for you :clap:

I'm planning a two pronged attack on my work/Life balance, getting close to moving my office 1/2 hr closer to my home, and in April am putting my home on market to move that 1/2 hr closer to the office too.... fingers crossed later part of this year sees me having a more realistic life with more tog time :) :)

Helloooooooo again...... back for some more torture then :D

Drums fingers on desk,
wot no practice image?
If I can do it, then so can you :p

Good plan, you don't want to be like me and "peak" to early, now do you? :D
Ahhhh very true... and I have a rep for not posting on time, so if I pull these shots off tomporrow and get them uploaded, I'll complete one 52 and start another all in the correct week... Blimey :thinking:

Here we go then...

Needed to get out and get some fresh air after being indoors for the last few days, I wanted to go and get my practice image and didn't particularily want to be driving, there was a lovely low sun so I decided to walk down to my local beach, on my way down there I was hoping for ripples in the sand, unfortuanatley the beach wasn't playing the game I wanted, but I did actually like the pattern the stones/waves were leaving behind, I think the low sun/shadows helped too :)

As usual a couple to choose from... Some show the patterns more, the second shot I just like :D

Wk 0 - 'Patterns'

Wk 0 - Patterns by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 0 - Patterns 2 by TP DK, on Flickr

Wk 0 - Patterns 3 by TP DK, on Flickr

Yay! he's off the mark :)

Nice sea strand Dean, loads of colours loads of textures,
TBH I prefer the first one with the slight foaming too (y)
(or is that icing?)

Yay! he's off the mark :)

Nice sea strand Dean, loads of colours loads of textures,
TBH I prefer the first one with the slight foaming too (y)
(or is that icing?)
Cheers Chris :)

Well it could be a festive shot woth icing... or could even be squirty cream :D

Hi Dean, #1 for me. The diagonal sea adds another pattern and I like the low POV and wonderful light.

Cheers.
Thanks Andy :)

It certasinly was wonderful light... found a cracking twig/branch while there too, such real nice colours :)

Hi DK ...a familiar face at last :) I took my camera down to the beach but got nothing to touch those ... they are really smashing ...number one is my favourite of the three, as you say the light is magical.
Thanks Susie :)

There certainly is a lot of new people this year, hoping more of them stay the course !!!

How was your beach then, nice and sunny too ??

I'll be different and pick Patterns 3 as my choice.
Thanks Stan :)

I like it when another is chosen, makes me feel better posting them up :D

Good start to the new challenge, I love all three images but I do think the first has the edge for me.
Thanks again Mandy :)

Absolutely beautiful but very cold ... went down with the family and had the beach to ourselves :)
Sounds nice... I was lovely and warm... until 'That' wave came in when I was trying to clean the wood I had just picked up, thank goodness just my feet and ankles got wet and not my camera :D

My have is defo the second shot!

Although If I'm being honest i'd have personally tried to get the front in focus and the back drifting out rather than a band of focus through the shot which just does not work for me in the composition. I hope it's ok to be that critical in my critique? As you have done in the third… but I prefer the composition of the second.

The first is a great shot also… but for pattern I prefer not to have the dynamic of the water… If that makes any sense.

Mark

My have is defo the second shot!

Although If I'm being honest i'd have personally tried to get the front in focus and the back drifting out rather than a band of focus through the shot which just does not work for me in the composition.
Thanks Mark :)

I hope it's ok to be that critical in my critique?
Mind... no mate, don't mind at all, really appreciate constructive critique, how else do I learn :) (y)

As you have done in the third… but I prefer the composition of the second.

The first is a great shot also… but for pattern I prefer not to have the dynamic of the water… If that makes any sense.

Mark
Certainly does Mark... again appreciated (y)

1st shot for me Dean (y)
Cheers Barry :)

Middle one for me stands out, love the different tones on the stones :)
Thank you aurorae :)

Stunning start Dean, but eeeek !!! how do you choose between them?

I love the first one as an image in its own right, the third is the best fit for the theme for me . . . but there's something very special about the light and the highlights on the stones in number two. That blue really sparkles.
I think @markelliot is on to something with the focus in it though - cropping a little off the bottom to lose the oof section and turning into a panoramic ratio really takes it up another notch.

:thinking: Hmmmmmm for the theme though . . . I just keep coming back to number three. Those long dark shadows add a nice bit of interest and really contribute to the patterns.

Stunning start Dean, but eeeek !!! how do you choose between them?
Thanks Sarah :) ... and yep my problem too :)

I love the first one as an image in its own right, the third is the best fit for the theme for me . . . but there's something very special about the light and the highlights on the stones in number two. That blue really sparkles.
I think @markelliot is on to something with the focus in it though - cropping a little off the bottom to lose the oof section and turning into a panoramic ratio really takes it up another notch.
Ahhhhh in that case, with another suggestion already I think I will try a quick edit tomorrow when I'm back near my PC :)

:thinking: Hmmmmmm for the theme though . . . I just keep coming back to number three. Those long dark shadows add a nice bit of interest and really contribute to the patterns.
Thanks again Sarah for the detailed feedback :)[/quote]

On first viewing I went for the first image, then I read all the comments so thought i would take a closer look at all three. ! & 3 were then in competition with each other. I looked and scrutinised on flickr and on No3 in the top right hand side the side of a stone looks rather white not sure whether it's a bit of flare. Not really expert enough to say. For that reason alone i am going with my initial instinct of number 1 . The lighting also adds a little shimmer to the image which is enhanced with the sea foam. Sea, sand and sun what more can you ask for.

Now then Matey......I am soooo envious that you can walk down to your local beach.....nearest beach to me is about 2 hours in the car ...grrrr

To the shots....likin'em all....#1 I like the inclusion of the foaming water ( or squirty cream ;) ) but I'd like to lop about 1 inch off the top..can't explain why , I just prefer it :)

#2...super light & POV....think this is my winner :clap:

Friday tomorrow......:banana:

Great first picture DK. :clap:
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge not that you need it. :)

Number 1 for me, but only just as I think number 3 is a cracker too. Bet you got damp knees :eek: I remember taking some of surf for the 2009 52 and having to lie full length to get the shot I wanted :runaway: sand gets everywhere.....

On first viewing I went for the first image, then I read all the comments so thought i would take a closer look at all three. ! & 3 were then in competition with each other. I looked and scrutinised on flickr and on No3 in the top right hand side the side of a stone looks rather white not sure whether it's a bit of flare. Not really expert enough to say. For that reason alone i am going with my initial instinct of number 1 . The lighting also adds a little shimmer to the image which is enhanced with the sea foam. Sea, sand and sun what more can you ask for.
Thanks Mandy for the super feedback :)

I didn't notice any flare on the shot, I'll have to have a looksie :)

Now then Matey......I am soooo envious that you can walk down to your local beach.....nearest beach to me is about 2 hours in the car ...grrrr
It is very nice yes, I really must do it more often, it takes say 5 mins quickest route but prefer to walk diagonaly to get to a nice spot so that way takes me just over ten maybe, it's a nice walk down the dunes/valley ontom the beach :)

To the shots....likin'em all....#1 I like the inclusion of the foaming water ( or squirty cream ;) ) but I'd like to lop about 1 inch off the top..can't explain why , I just prefer it :)

#2...super light & POV....think this is my winner :clap:
Cheers Lynne :)

Friday tomorrow......:banana:
Very true... BUT that also means back to work again soon, so trying not to wish my time away today, even though it would be good for things to get back to normal :crying:

Torn between one and two for me Dean. Both cracking shots and worth getting that early/late light :) Composition of the first but I love the DOF of the second... both superb!
Cool... thanks as always Paul :cool:

Great first picture DK. :clap:
Good Luck for your 2015 52 challenge not that you need it. :)
Cheers Simon :)

I certainly do need the luck this year, going to be more manic than usual with a home sale/move and a business move on top of my normal crazy workload :bang: but hey-ho hopefully the photography will get my mind away from it as usual :)

Number 1 for me, but only just as I think number 3 is a cracker too. Bet you got damp knees :eek: I remember taking some of surf for the 2009 52 and having to lie full length to get the shot I wanted :runaway: sand gets everywhere.....
I got damp knees and wet feet... the things we do for this hobby hey :D

Thanks Jill :)

Back