weekly TPDK's 52 of 2017 - Wk 49 to 52 Added and COMPLETE

Edit My Images
Yes
Well here we go again... and thanks for visiting my new thread :)

2016's 52 is yet to finish but 2017's threads are rumbling in the background... so I wanted to post this up and show my early commitment for the next years TP52 project !!!

It will be year 6 for me, and I'm sure it will be a busy year with everyday work and life commitments as usual, but again as I have been every year determined to keep as up to date as I can so I can keep my hobby ticking along year round with this project as a bare minimum :)

2016 has been scatty for me as I predicted, my upcoming move got scuppered, so now still not settled, but hope to firm new plans soon <touch wood>

Rule wise I'm keeping it simple as always, same rules as the previous years

MY RULES

I will again allow myself No 'Jokers' and will submit a correct pic for each theme... minor 'shoehorns' or even 'crowbarred' shots permitting :D
  • I will try to post my photo's in the correct week :cautious:
  • I will complete all themes including 're-shoot' weeks
  • I will try and comment on as many 52 threads as possible, but as all 52'ers know, that's sometimes easier said than done
Good luck everybody - Let the Nightmare continue Fun Begin

Week 00 - Song / Lyric
Week 01 - Order
Week 02 - Comfort
Week 03 - Hairy
Week 04 - Smooth
Week 05 - Mineral
Week 06 - Whole
Week 07 - Structure
Week 08 - Routine
Week 09 - Number
Week 10 - Attractive
Week 11 - Dark
Week 12 - Re-Shoot - Attractive
Week 12 - Power
Week 13 - Above
Week 14 - Evolved
Week 15 - Hold
Week 16 - Smoke
Week 17 - Vivid
Week 18 - Large
Week 19 - Re-Shoot 'Smooth'
Week 19 - Architecture
Week 20 - Broken
Week 21 - Transport
Week 22 - Minimalism
Week 23 - Progress
Week 24 - Pleasure
Week 25 - Tiny
Week 26 - Face
Week 27 - Agriculture
Week 28 - Graceful
Week 29 - Fruit
Week 30 - Vehicle
Week 31 - Piece
Week 32 - Contrast
Week 32 - Re-Shoot 'Architecture'
Week 33 - Clean (ed)
Week 34 - Curves
Week 35 - Occupation(al)
Week 36 - You
Week 37 - Arch
Week 38 - Display
Week 39 - Bent
Week 40 - Wood (Wooden)
Week 41 - Wall (Walled)
Week 42 - Symmetrical
Week 43 - Worn
Week 44 - Colourful
Week 45 - Height
Week 45 - Re-Shoot
Week 46 - Remote
Week 47 - Build
Week 48 - Juicy
Week 49 - Broad
Week 50 - Rustic
Week 51 - Festive

Week 52 - Weather

Last edited:
And here is my practice image for 2017 challenge.

New years eve I went out to another of the local rivers just a few miles away, I have not been to this one for several years, so going there open minded to capture something for the theme I have to admit the image came first and the 'Title' afterwards, but hey, it's a practice round :D

My Song Lyric is by The Gorillaz, Called "Feel Good Inc".

The reason I chose the song, there are few songs that I know contain 'Windmill' :whistle:

[Chorus:]
"Windmill, windmill for the land.
Turn forever hand in hand
Take it all in on your stride
It is sinking, falling down
Love forever, love is free
Let's turn forever, you and me
Windmill, windmill for the land
Is everybody in?"​

Week 0 - Song Lyric

Wk 0 - Lyrics by TP DK, on Flickr

Very nice DK, like the composition of the windmill and the lyrics go well with the shot :)
Thank you David :)

Hi, "image came first and the 'Title' afterwards, but hey, it's a practice round :D", ditto for me :)
Thank goodness for that :D

Looks quite fresh :)

Cheers.
That it was mate, that it was :)

Lovely photo Dean, I was thinging "Windmills of my mind" when I saw it in the other thread.
Ahhhh good one Chis, wish I had thought of that, was racking my brain for a song 'Title' with windmill in :D

Another shoe horn, I had more of you trained than I thought I did,, excellent :D

Beautiful shot DK - lovely winter scene. Like the frosty fronds in the fg and that lovely windmill against that pale cold sky.

Beautiful shot DK - lovely winter scene. Like the frosty fronds in the fg and that lovely windmill against that pale cold sky.
Thank you Carl :)

Not at all familiar with the song but that image is just great, good composition and the colours make the image look nice and peaceful and tranquil
And thank you too Mandy, it's a great song, I'm sure you would recognise it if you heard it :)

I like this wintery feel, as long as you keep the frost up there. Nice song, never heard of it though but you did your magic act on @Cobra, he needed a shove in the right direction, you keep him on the straight and narrow. Bring on 2017, we're all aboard now, number one theme ready for take off.
Oh! I forgot to mention it, you take a great photo:)

I like this wintery feel, as long as you keep the frost up there. Nice song, never heard of it though but you did your magic act on @Cobra, he needed a shove in the right direction, you keep him on the straight and narrow. Bring on 2017, we're all aboard now, number one theme ready for take off.
Oh! I forgot to mention it, you take a great photo:)
Thank you very much Shirley :) - and I think we need to keep pushing that @Cobra, we can't have him slacking now can we :naughty:

You just wanted a good excuse to photo that windmill Dean.
Great framing with the tree to the right and undergrowth at the bottom.
The colours really sell a story of winter don't they.
Haaaa Haaaa well the windmill was my first thought when I drove there, well there are actually 2 on this river within a couple of hundred yards of each other, but not situated to be able to get them both in frame very well - Thank you for the kind comments :)

Well I didn't think it was a shoehorn at all. When I saw it on FB I thought 'Windmills of my Mind' but you are probably too young to remember it:p

I love this shot, the colours are really subtle so.......print it!

A well composed shot with great light. Fortunately there is a song title / lyrics for every photo :)

Well I didn't think it was a shoehorn at all. When I saw it on FB I thought 'Windmills of my Mind' but you are probably too young to remember it:p

I love this shot, the colours are really subtle so.......print it!
Thank you Jill :cool:

I hadn't heard of it, but once I just listened to it, yes I know that song, but I was 3 when that came out so not one that sprang to mind, in hindsight a better link with it being in the title :)

Very strong start, lovely scene. Wide enough not to loose any detail in the Windmill.
Thank you :)

I've got 1 up, that puts me at the top of the wall of shame (y)
YAY !!! well that's a good start, hopefully you still get the odd one in :)

I like the muted colours in this and the hint of mist - very nice Dean (y)
Thank you Em :)

Cracking start Dean,really good image.
Cheers Mark :)

There's a lovely cool wintery feel to that one DK, it definitely makes a very eye catching photo,
Thank you Susie :)

You're off to a great start with this one, Dean. Beautifully composed and a really cold, wintery look and feel. The foreground adds balance too, and helps to draw the eye through the image to the windmill (y)
Thank you Andrea, nice detailed feedback always appreciated :)

Excellent start to another 52's, Dean. Lovely image and good composition.I particularly like the use of the reef as foreground interest.
Cool, thank you Stan :cool:

great start Dean, horizon looks a little off but the colours and composition are great (y)
Thanks Allan :)

But nope, horizon is dead on :D ... if you look to the right of the windmill you can see a dark line below the long tree line, jst below the canopy of the tree on the right, that is the horizon of the marshes, not easy to see I know but in lightroom full screen its bang on :D

Back